Slow Cooker General Tso Chicken is a super easy meal with an amazing sweet and savory sauce with a little bit of heat! This is way better than takeout!
Asian food and slow cooker just go together, it gives time for the meat to soak up all those intense flavors. For instance in this slow cooker chicken tso and kung pao chicken the flavors just explode because of the long slow simmer.
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 3 HOURS
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS 15 MINS
Super Easy Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken. Way better (and healthier) than takeout!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- green onions for serving, if desired
- sesame seeds for serving, if desired
- Add chicken and cornstarch to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat the chicken with the cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Saute chicken until golden brown on both sides about 2 minutes on each side. (Note the chicken will not be fully cooked and that is ok)
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add hoisin sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
For full recipes visit Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken