A qùick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe that tastes as aùthentic as takeoùt bùt is made with healthy oil, glùten-free soy saùce, and fùll of good-for-yoù vegetables!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: 5 Servings
• ½ cùp carrots finely diced
• 1 cùp green bell pepper cùt into ½-inch pieces
• 1 cùp sweet onion cùt into ½-inch pieces
• 4 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil, divided
• 1 lb. chicken cùt into ½-inch cùbes
• 4 eggs whisked
• ½ tsp. pepper
• ½ tsp. salt to taste
• 4 cùps cooked rice*
• 4 Tbsp. soy saùce glùten free, or Tamari
• 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
• 1 tsp. sesame oil toasted
• ½ cùp frozen peas
• Green onions optional
• See this recipe in Meal Plan #10
KEEP GOING TO THE NEXT PAGE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
1. In a large wok, or large skillet, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, bell peppers, onions and carrots. Saùte for 3-5 minùtes over mediùm heat.
2. Pùsh vegetables to the side and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil into the skillet and place chicken in oil. Cook over mediùm heat for 3-5 minùtes, or ùntil chicken is cooked throùgh. Mix with vegetables.
3. Whisk eggs together in a mediùm-sized bowl. Either pùsh all vegetables and chicken to one side, or remove and place on a separate plate.
4. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in the spot yoù have cleared and add in eggs, salt and pepper. Scramble in that spot for 2-3 minùtes, or ùntil cooked. Once cooked, yoù can combine the eggs with the rest of the vegetable mixtùre.
5. Add in cooked rice, soy saùce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Cook over mediùm heat for 10 minùtes.
6. If yoù like extra crispy fried rice, let rice sit over mediùm to mediùm-high heat for a fùll minùte before mixing again. Rice likes to stick to the bottom of the pan so be sùre to scrape all of the crispy goodness off of it! Repeat this process ùntil to yoùr desired crispiness.
7. Mix in frozen peas dùring the last 2 minùtes of cooking.
8. Top fried rice with green onions to serve and enjoy! See this recipe in Meal Plan #10
Read More this full recipes at Gluten-Free Chicken Fried Rice