Tender, juicy, bone-in glazed pork chops are seared and coated in a lip-smacking maple balsamic vinegar sauce. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, or a party!
These maple balsamic glazed pork chops are ready in LESS than 30 minutes, which makes them perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! They’re also fancy and gourmet tasting enough to serve to guests!
Now that the holidays are approaching, (so quickly!!), I think it’s important to have a great arsenal of amazing meals that you can get on the table quickly and with minimal effort. After all, with all the meal prep, menus, or travel plans that come with the holidays and family, who wants to spend hours cooking a dinner? Not me!
Even though these pork chops are bone-in, they still cook pretty quickly. I do highly recommend using the bone-in pork chops for this recipe… boneless might be a tad more convenient, but there’s much more flavor in the bone-in chops 🙂
For the pictures, I used 2 chops for the presentation, but use as many chops as you can comfortably fit into your skillet.
The flavor of this maple balsamic glaze is to die for! Slightly sweet, slightly tangy, and savory all combined in one glorious glaze that compliments the mild pork flavor so perfectly.
You could even make the glaze up beforehand and keep it refrigerated in an airtight container, which would make this an even QUICKER meal!
If you did happen to have some extra time, you could toss the pork chops in a quick brine, even for 30 minutes. It will impart some extra flavor and juiciness… but isn’t necessary for a perfectly cooked pork chop
- 4 bone-in, center cut pork chops
- olive oil
- sält änd pepper to täste
- MäPLE BäLSäMIC GLäZE:
- 1/4 cup mäple syrup
- 3-4 Tbsp bälsämic vinegär
- 2 Tbsp beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustärd
- 1 clove gärlic smäshed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemäry
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- sält änd pepper to täste
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- In a small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients. Heat over MED heat until it reaches a low boil. Cook until sauce reduces down, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
COOK THE PORK CHOPS:
- Place cast iron skillet in oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Pat chops dry with a paper towel, then rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove skillet from oven and place on burner over MED-HIGH heat. Place chops in the skillet, you should hear them sizzle immediately. Let cook 2-3 minutes to sear. Brush pork with glaze.
- Flip pork chops over, brush the other side with the glaze, and transfer skillet back to the hot oven. Bake until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 140 degrees F (about 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops).
- Transfer pork chops to a plate, tent loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve pork chops with a bit of the glaze drizzled over the top if desired